Monday, October 22, 2007

UbD - Self Reflection

I just had my first experience creating a lesson using UbD. I'm not sure I like it. It slowed me down. The lesson I tried to use utilizing UbD was a lesson that was created last year. I made some modifications based on how the lesson went last year. Tomorrow will be the second day of this lesson. It is a week long lesson. Some difficulties I encountered were knowing exactly what the template was asking for. I'm still not sure I was clear. I didn't mind the format when I typed it in word, but it was a bit confusing to read when it was posted out of the table that was created. If I used this again, I would submit my lesson plans to my supervisor (like I am with this lesson to Prof. B) using e-mail attachments. There's got to be a better way....Additional quesions may arise after I review some of my peers. I'll probably see some really good ideas and then have a lot more questions than I do now.

1 comment:

CARL said...

I think you just need to give it a chance. Planning by sections can sometimes be easier than daily planning. If you are covering a topic that will cover more than one day, you can set up your block plan to incorporate several ways to teach that section.

Keep on trying!!!!